When your water has a nasty odor and offensive taste it is unpleasant to drink, cook with, or bathe in. A buildup of hydrogen sulfur, although not harmful, does cause an unpleasant rotten egg odor and taste in your water. By removing the hydrogen sulfur from your water, you will be left with great tasting, great smelling, and refreshing water.
At American Water, we understand that having a rotten egg smell and flavor to your water can be distressing and unappealing. We provide our customers with reliable odor and taste solutions to eradicate the cause of hydrogen sulfur in your water.
Taste & Odor Solutions
- Whole house carbon filters: By using active carbon to remove hydrogen sulfide from your water source, carbon filters provide you with clean, purified drinking water that smells and tastes delicious.
- Reverse Osmosis filters: As a point of use system, your reverse osmosis system stops the hydrogen sulfide right at your tap. Eliminating 95% of contaminants and impurities in your water, RO systems provide your home or office with dependable odor and taste solutions.
- Drinking water systems: By utilizing the right filters, your whole house or point of use drinking water systems reduce or eliminate the hydrogen sulfide in your water, leaving you with fresh, great tasting water.
- Iron filter: If you are experiencing a foul smell, odor, and build up of iron, an iron filter will provide you with an effective solution. Your iron filter can remove both hydrogen sulfide and iron to reduce foul smells, unpleasant tastes, and unsightly orange stains.
- Chlorine tablets: For our customers with well water, to eliminate the hydrogen sulfide from your well, we recommend disinfection using chlorine tablets.
Your water should be free of unpleasant smells or tastes straight from your tap. At American Water, we provide our customers with a wide variety of odor and taste solutions to rid your water of the hydrogen sulfide creating the rotten egg smell and taste. By utilizing the right solutions, your tap water can provide you with bottled water quality at home.
For dependable taste and odor solutions that rid your drinking water of an unpleasant rotten egg smell and taste, call or contact us today.