When it comes to your water softener, the resin does all the heavy lifting to cleanse and filter your water, while your water treatment chemicals keep your resin cleaned and rejuvenated. In order to create the best tasting and softest water, you need the right solutions for the contaminants affecting your water supply. At American Water, we provide our customers with a wide variety of resin and water treatment chemicals to keep your water clean, filtered, and refreshing.
Types of Resin
Resin is essential in turning your hard water into soft water by collecting all the unwanted minerals as they pass through the water softener system.
- Cation Resin: Used in any commercial or residential softener system, cation resin is a conventional style, polystyrene strong, acid exchange resin. This resin is high purity and high capacity to provide you with clean and soft water straight from your tap.
- Fine Mesh Resin: Providing beneficial filtration solutions for extreme hard water and iron removal.
- Manganese Greensand Plus: For customers with well water, manganese greensand plus provides effective contaminant removal of iron, manganese, hydrogen sulfide, arsenic, and radium, providing you with water that is clean and safe straight from your tap.
- KDF-85 Media: For water supplies that are rich in iron, hydrogen sulfide, heavy metals, and microorganisms, we, at American Water, recommend KDF-85 media.
Types of Water Treatment Chemicals
Adding additional chemicals to your water softener can help to rejuvenate, cleanse, and provide additional assistance to your resin.
- ResCare: An additive to your water softener system. ResCare specializes in removing and cleaning contaminants from your resin that your salt may leave behind.
- Rust Out: To prevent rust and iron buildup in your water, Rust Out is a water treatment chemical that is formulated to strip the iron and rust from your resin.
- Potassium Permanganate: For your water softeners that rely on greensand plus to remove contaminants and impurities from your water, potassium permanganate is an additive designed to clean and regenerate your media.
- Pro Ban T: An environmentally friendly water softener cleaner, Pro Ban T effectively lowers the pH and removes impurities from your water softener. For water treatment systems that are in areas with a moderate iron content, utilizing Pro Ban T will maintain the life of your water softener while also removing hard water deposits, lime scale, and moderate iron staining from your household fixtures, faucets, and sinks.
- Chlorine Pellets: For our customers with well water, we, at American Water, recommend chlorine pellets to disinfect and sanitize your water lines.
- Rid-O-Rust: Iron in your water supply can cause staining and buildup on your sprinklers and irrigation systems. To remove the unsightly orange stains and minimize clogging from iron buildup, we recommend using Rid-O-Rust in your irrigation system.
For your water softener to operate at its peak performance, you need the proper resin and water treatment chemicals in your water softener system. At American Water, we proudly stock and deliver your supplies so that your water softener is working and maintained properly. With the right resin and chemicals, your drinking water will be clean and filtered.
Our experienced, friendly team can work with your water to determine the right resin and water treatment chemicals for your water softener, call or contact us today.